HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!! THE MAGIC OF AN 1880’s VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS!! Christmas Grand High Tea; Miracle on 21st Street Shopping Pkg; New Year’s Eve “Downton Abbey” Holiday Getaway Package
Whether it’s a Christmas Holiday Vacation to take in Ballet Arkansas’ Nutcracker, the Symphony, or one of the other exciting holiday entertainments available during this special time, a trip to a simpler more carefree world will inspire your Christmas holidays vacation with memories for the rest of your life. Don’t wait to book your visit to a gentler time. Stay a century away and experience how it was in the 1880’s!!
THIS YEAR, STAY TWO NIGHTS IN ONE OF OUR SPA SUITES BETWEEN THANKSGIVING AND JANUARY 4TH, AND GET YOUR THIRD NIGHT 50% OFF ! Come shopping, see our local Christmas sights, or just relax and let one of our fine dining facilities in Downtown do all the work. (Ask us about our list of favorites!) Call The Empress at 501-374-7966 for pricing details.
CHECK OUT OUR DOWNTON ABBEY CHRISTMAS GRAND HIGH TEA:
AND OUR HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS GET AWAY PACKAGES
ELEGANT CHRISTMAS GRAND HIGH TEA AND TOUR-$50/PERSON (seating limited)
Join The Empress of Little Rock on Sunday, December 10th at 3:00 p.m for the first annual Holiday Christmas Grand High Tea and Tour of the Hornibrook Mansion. Start your holiday season in the elegant “Quapaw Quarter” with a tour of the beautiful and elegant “Hornibrook Mansion” now known as The Empress of Little Rock Bed and Breakfast, in the Quapaw Quarter section of Downtown Little Rock. There will be magical Victorian decorations depicting the 1890’s era of the Hornibrook Mansion, known regionally as “The Grande Dame of the Ozarks” for it’s elaborate detailed Gothic Queen Anne Architecture. After an elegant repast of American Grand High Tea, including many refined traditions lost to us in our modern “technological” world, a detailed history of the family that took such pleasure in building this amazing architectural triumph and a tour and discussion of 1890’s Christmas traditions will follow. This is a time to enjoy customs and family values that made us who we are today. Bring your Granddaughters, yours Mothers, your Grandmothers to experience the joy of an 1880’s Christmas to begin your holiday season.
CHRISTMAS IN THE QUARTER WEEKEND PACKAGE: GRAND HIGH TEA & TOUR RETREAT.
Please join us before or after the Christmas tea and relax at The Empress with old “timey” traditions like working a puzzle with your family or Dominos, Scrabble, or Wheel of Fortune . Luxuriate as if you were the guest of a fabulously wealthy couple of the 1880’s who thought nothing of spending millions to create this time for your personal enjoyment. Have a cup of traditional homemade “english” eggnog or hot chocolate as you sit in front of a roaring fire and listen to Holiday music. Enjoy a romantic carriage ride snuggled under a fur blanket garbed in gold fringe with a hot mug of holiday cheer. Wander through the parlors draped with live greens and vintage Victorian decorations and make memories of Christmas splendor to enjoy for the next 50 years of your life.
Welcome the holidays with the a “Christmas in the Quarter” tea, and stay to start your enjoyment of the holiday season to set the stage for a wonderful Christmas to remember.
- 2 nights (add an optional third for at $99 or $149 depending on suite)
- tickets to Christmas in the Quarter Grand High Tea and Tour
- candlelit breakfast each morning
- wine or eggnog in the evenings
- a $50 certificate for dinner at Ciao Italian restaurant
- an inside view of The Empress draped in her very best Victorian Holiday fashion!
Prices $206/person-$396/person (by choice of room; tax and gratuity extra, priced with two people per room; double occupancy; third night may be added for $99 OR $149 depending on the room)
Join us from November 1st thru December 15th for a two night shopping getaway with your sister, your Mom, your best friend, for an old fashioned Christmas Shopping Getaway-Miracle on 21st Street Shopping Package! Time to shop til you drop, and then join us back at The Empress for Hot Apple Cider (spiked if you like) and a massage to loosen up those muscles and rejuvenate those tired aching feet. Then enjoy a wonderful dinner at one of our many outstanding restaurants (let us make your reservations for you) Ciao, Brave New Restaurant, Ristaurante’ Capeo, Bruno’s, Cache, they’re all great.
Join us for breakfast each morning and be pampered with Pumpkin Puff Pancakes with Hot Cider Sauce, or Decadent French Toast with Clotted Cream and then do it all over again. OR relax by the fire, sip on hot cocoa, eat peanut brittle, and enjoy the Relaxation while an elf wraps your packages! The miracle will be you ever shopped any other way!
- Two nights in the room of your choice
- Directions to all the best shopping in Little Rock
- Two Gourmet Breakfasts to start the each day off right
- one hour massage for each of you (pkgs. quoted for 2 people)
- Pre-Christmas goodies!! (we make a whale of a “spirited” old fashioned eggnog!!)
- Holiday Gift Wrapping (gifts must be boxed; wrapping done by good nature’d
- elves (who need plenty to time to do it justice)
Prices start at $276 per person (tax and gatuity extra) Please call for prices and reservations!!
Join us for a New Year’s Eve “Downton Abbey” Holiday Package! Step back to New Year’s Eve, December 31st, 1889, the Hornibrook family’s first new year in their magnificent mansion. The tailed and gloved Butler greets you at the door to be received by the family and escorted to your warmly glowing guest room. An aproned maid serves a bubbling glass of champagne as your escorted thru the parlors on your way to your room.
Book your reservations now for this New Year’s Eve holiday weekend and we’ll arrange an Uber or Taxi to take you to an elegant dinner (we’ll make reservations at one of the elegant restaurants downtown for your dining pleasure) or party. Return to your cozy Victorian suite where you may enjoy liquor and chocolates before retiring to arise for a late Champagne Breakfast Brunch at 11:00 a.m. on New Year’s Day. ( A most civilized time to have your bow-tied and gloved butler serve you breakfast).
- One or two night packages available (Book three nights during this extended New Year’s Eve holiday, and receive your fourth night FREE)
- *Reservations for New Year’s Eve Dinner-$100 toward a special dinner
- Choice of Caio’s (northern Italian), Cache (nouveau cuisine), Restaurant 111 (Capitol Hotel (subject to availability since seatings must be reserved; BOOK EARLY)
- Champagne New Year’s Day Brunch
- Gloved Butler at your reception; glass of champagne.
- Priced by room.
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE EVENT. 501-374-7966 for details!
*Dinner Reservations subject to availability
VALENTINES DAYS PACKAGES AND GETAWAYS-DOWNTON ABBEY STYLE:
This unique Victorian hotel is an exquisitely romantic getaway anytime. Book your perfect Romance Package that will strike just the right chord in your valentine’s heart.
ROMANCE AT THE EMPRESS! Check out the great packages we have put together for ANY BUDGET!
Book your reservations now for the VALENTINES or ANY February weekend and we’ll arrange an Uber or Taxi to take you to an elegant dinner (we’ll make reservations at one of the elegant restaurants downtown (if available) for your dining pleasure). Return to your cozy Victorian suite where you may enjoy liquor and chocolates before retiring to arise to a charming and romantic breakfast by candlight.
After your romantic evening of jacuzzi or hydromassage shower indulgences, (most of our rooms have jazcuzzi’s and fireplaces-please inquire) have a fabulous Champagne Brunch the next morning!
One or two night packages available (Book three nights during this extended Valentines’s holiday, and receive your fourth night FREE).
Reservations for Valentines Dinner-($100 toward a special dinner -Choice of Caio’s (northern Italian), Cache (nouveau cuisine), Restaurant 111 (Capitol Hotel), South on Main (nouveau cuisine) or your favorite restaurant (subject to availability since seatings must be reserved; (must BOOK EARLY for selection!!)
Champagne Brunch on Valentines’ (or Sunday if weekend during February)
Period gloved Butler; aproned Maids; vintage Victorian elegance
Glass of champagne with check in
(Priced by room for two people. Tax and gratuity extra.)
HEMINGWAY:$249/PERSON (ONE NIGHT) $429/PERSON-TWO NIGHTS
MAJESTIC/CHATELAINE: $239/PERSON; $399/PERSON-TWO NIGHTS
VICTORIA’S GARDEN SUITE/HORNIBROOK: $219/PERSON; $349/PERSON-TWO NIGHTS
MURRAY/WASHBURN WELCH: $169/PERSON-ONE NIGHT; $269/PERSON-TWO NIGHTS
PETIT JEAN/ ELIZA: $149/PERSON-ONE NIGHT; $229/PERSON-TWO NIGHTS
MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS EARLY FOR THIS EXCLUSIVELY ROMANTIC EVENT. 501-374-7966 for details.
THESE VALENTINES DAY PACKAGES ARE “ADD ONS” . Prices shown do not include the additional price of your room. All Valentines packages prices are valid February 2018.
Any weekend in February: Cupid’s Choice — $59 for either of these (plus cost of room; May be added to above package as well).
CHAMPAGNE AND CHOCOLATE– One bottle of chilled Champagne with silver service and a selection of decadent hand made truffles/cherries to share with someone special OR
SWEETHEART CHAMPAGNE PRIVATE BRUNCH– A sumptuous two-course gourmet breakfast served in the privacy of your own room by a bow-tied butler. Your elegant draped and lace-covered table will be complemented with a romantically lit candelabrum, crystal, silver, china, and champagne breakfast cocktails. Champagne Brunch is only available in the Hornibrook, Washburn-Welch & Murray rooms; Hemingway, Majestic, Victoria’s Garden and Chatelaine Anniversary Suites. (CARRIAGE HOUSE SUITES RECEIVE BREAKFAST IN BED)
ROMANTIC VALENTINE PICNIC FOR TWO A special picnic basket filled with paté, fresh baked bread, cheese, fruit, gourmet condiments, wine or champagne, and a scrumptious dessert.. just for two. Take this with you on your chosen daytime outing (ask us for ideas!) or throw a blanket on the floor of your private, Victorian sanctuary and enjoy. $99 (plus cost of room)
VALENTINE PAMPER ME COUPLES MASSAGE SPECIAL
There’s no better way to totally relax than with a professional massage.We can make arrangements to have a licensed Massage Therapist visit you in your room. Let a professional masseuse “rub that stress right out of your hair” with a dose of the healing art in the privacy of your Victorian sanctuary. Book early since these suites go fast!! $250 Couples In Room Massage (only available in certain rooms; price of suite extra).
Experience a very special Grand High Tea just for Mom! Sample a Mother’s Day Grand High Tea tradition at The Empress with homemade Empress Scones, decadent clotted cream and delicate lemon curd; dainty gourmet finger sandwiches such as brie and fig grilled squares, traditional cucumber sandwiches made with our own savory dressing and special bread. All these extra touches plus elegant desserts from the early Victorian Era to the turn of the 20th century. Learn and experience all the traditions common to the late 19th century and long abandoned to that bygone era, except at The Empress. Specialty tea will be freshly prepared and served with elegant Victorian Pomp and Circumstance. This event has very limited seating designed to provide a very unique experience, so call and make your reservations early at 501-374-7966. Well behaved children 6 and over welcome. A few delightful surprises will be included. $45.00 per person, reservations required. Mother’s Day Grand High Tea is on Sunday, May 14th, 2017, AT 3:00 P.M.
Converted in 1995 to The Empress of Little Rock Small Luxury Hotel and Conference Center, the Hornibrook mansion is architecturally amazing with a history to match..…which we will happily share with you! Step back in the past for an hour of genteel tea and good company during which your hostess will introduce you to the Victorian beginnings of The Empress! So dawn your gloves and wear your hat. This is an occasion to celebrate, share with your Mom, and remember!
The Quapaw Quarter Association will be celebrating its 50+ annual Spring Tour of Homes on Mother’s Day Weekend, May 13-14, 2017! The Empress will be highlighting this annual historic tour by offering the Little Rock Spring Tour of Homes Package with Grand High Tea at The Empress. The package will feature the annual tour of incredibly restored period homes (examples below) in the the Governor’s Mansion Historic District, home to new Governor and Mrs. Asa Hutchinson.
Book your two night Little Rock Spring Tour of Homes Package with Grand High Tea at the Empress now and receive Friday and Saturday night accommodations with a two course candlelit gourmet breakfast each morning, two tickets to the Grand High Tea at the Empress and two tickets to the Spring Tour and Candlelight Gala. Saturday evening you’ll be treated to a a leisurely stroll along the quiet and fragrant porch lined streets of the Quapaw Quarter historic neighborhood as you tour the featured homes and enjoy champagne and canapes. Then gather for dinner, cocktails and dancing until the wee hours before returning to The Empress to relax on the porch or your balcony under the stars or collapse in the privacy of your room and your very own period featherbed!
- Tickets for the Candlelight Gala including tour, dinner and dancing.
- Grand High Tea at The Empress
- Two luxurious nights in one of our elegant rooms or Spa Suites with balconies overlooking the Moonlight Secret Garden
- Two Course Gourmet Candlelit breakfast each morning.
Package Prices: Call: 501-374-7966 now
Hemingway Spa Suite-$529/person
Chatelaine or Majestic Spa Suites-$469/person
Hornibrook or Victoria’s Garden Spa Suites-$449/person
Washburn Welch or Murray Room-$369/person
Petit Jean or Eliza Room-$339/person
(all rooms are double occupancy; tax and Gratuity extra)
UNPLUG at The Empress of Little Rock, and plan an un-exciting Arkansas Memorial Day ~where you enjoy relaxing in the hammock of the Moonlight Secret Garden, thrill to the slow trickle of the fountains, chill in the 200 linear feet of porch with 4 sitting areas, use “Grandma’s garden swing” to lull to the song of birds, or stroll the gorgeous spring gardens and just forget there’s a regular world outside. The Empress can do that for you!! Stay a “century” away, but never leave Little Rock!!
- Three nights in the room of your choice. (Rates vary by room choice. Call for two nite rates)
- Special “Unplug Certificate of Achievement” and “chocolate reward” for those who complete the weekend “unplugged”.
- Reservations for two for Grand High Tea on Sunday (reservations required)
- Three gourmet two course breakfasts by candlelight.
- All the rest and relaxation afforded by gardens, hammock, swings, fountains you can pack into a 3 day weekend!!
- Warm cookies on check-in
- Rates are for two people/room.
- Rates start at $279/person to $499/person based on choice of room; Tax and gratuity not included. Subject to availability
Hemingway Spa Suite: $499/person
Majestic Spa Suite: $449/person
Chatelaine Spa Suite:$439/person
Hornibrook and Victoria’s Garden Spa Suites: $419/person
Murray & Washburn Welch Suites: $309/person
Petit Jean & Eliza Rooms: $279/person
Little Rock Star Spangled 4th of July weekend!
Stay 2 nights with us over the 4th of July holiday and get the third night for just $149! Enjoy a star spangled breakfast on the grounds the morning of the 4th and free admission to the Clinton Library, including their “4th of July Festival” with games and live music. The evening brings a roaring time down on the river for the annual “Pops on the River” concert by the Arkansas Symphony Orchestra followed by a magnificent fireworks display matched only by the reflection of the spectacle in the river.Take in an (old fashioned) Arkansas Travelers baseball game, chill out in our Secret Garden hammock, or read a book on our old fashioned wrap around porch. You’ll swear you stepped back to 1888!
- Three nights in the Spa Suite of your choice
- Fourth of July brunch on the grounds
- Two gourmet breakfasts by candlelight
- Feather Beds, hammock and porch swing
- $50 gift certificate to Cache or Ciao Italian Restaurant
- Complimentary wine at cocktail hour
- Admission to Clinton Library and July 4th River Front Festival
- All the (old fashioned) fun you can stand
Hemingway Spa Suite: $450/person
Majestic Spa Suite: $400/person
Chatelaine Spa Suite: $390/person
Victoria’s Garden Spa Suite: $325/person
Hornibrook Spa Suite: $325/person
(Rates are quoted for double occupancy. Tax and Gratuity Extra.)
CALL 501-374-7966 for details or CHECK AVAILABLILITY ABOVE to book!
- 3 nights in one of our spectacular SPA Suites
- two course gourmet breakfast by candlelight each morning
- 4 hours of biking with a hybrid bike, RiverTrail maps, water, and homemade granola bar (additional options and more bike time available for an additional charge)
- Hiking Trail Maps, and Directions to Pinnacle Mountain
- Gourmet Champagne Picnic in painted basket
- 1 Hour Massage (may be upgraded to couples 1 hour massage for additional charge; when booking on line-please note in the notes section you would like the )
Hornibrook & Garden Spa Suites: $471/person for 1 hr massage; $533 for 2 hr. couples massage
Chatelaine or Majestic Spa Suites: $534/person for 1 hr. massage; $596 for 2 hr. couples massage
Hemingway Spa Suite: $584/person for 1 hr. massage; $646 for 2 hr. couples massage
Prices $246/person-$436/person (by choice of room; tax and gratuity extra, priced with two people per room; double occupancy)
Each year, as summer winds down and the evenings become cooler and the autumn season begins, The Empress of Little Rock welcomes guests to experience Arkansas, the Natural State, with a Fall Foliage Vacation. Our special discount package will allow you to plan foliage tours through the gorgeous Ouachita and Ozark Mountains while our location in Little Rock, Arkansas, the geographic center of the state, allows for a wide variety of interesting Day Trips. After a day spent exploring the gorgeous local countryside, you will return to The Empress and retire to your luxurious bedchamber for the evening and then awaken to a delicious gourmet breakfast each morning. Enjoy the Natural State during the colorful autumn season! (Excludes Holidays; cannot be combined with any other discounts or corporate rates; subject to availability).PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Three nights in room of your choice
- Trip agenda with maps
- dinner at the Caio-Northern Italian at its best! ($50 dinner coupon)
- Three candlelit gourmet breakfasts fit for the Queen
- complimentary glass of wine at daily wine hour
- Sunday High Tea for Two
Suggested Arkansas Fall Day Trips:
- Take a drive to Hot Springs: Have lunch at any of the fine restaurants on Central Avenue. Spend the afternoon shopping, antiquing or find your way to the Observation Tower to watch the leaves turn. Finish it all off with a relaxing thermal bath or massage at famous Bath House Row (Let our hospitality desk make your reservations).
- Drive up the “Pig Trail“: Follow Hwy 7 or Hwy 23, two of the seven Scenic Highways in America, up into the foothills to enjoy the fall colors. Come back through Altus. We’ll make dinner reservations at the famous Weiderkehr Weinkeller Winery for you.
- Day Trip to England & Scott: Tour the Agricultural Museum or visit the Marlsgate Plantation. Eat lunch at Charlottes Eats & Sweets and finish the day with an antique shopping trip at Morris Antiques.
- Petit Jean State Park: Begin the day with a tour of the Rockefeller Antique Car Museum. Enjoy a relaxing lunch at the Country Store. Spend the afternoon with a hike to the 30 foot waterfall at Mather Lodge and end this adventure visiting the grave of Petit Jean. Take scenic Hwy 10. back to Little Rock for an enjoyable drive.
- Venture out to Toltec Mounds Archeological Indian Dig: Explore Toltec Mounds taking advantage of special events offered throughout the year. Eat lunch at the Scott Country Store – home of the famous “Hubcap.” Spend your afternoon visiting The Old Mill in N. Little Rock, the only surviving structure from the credits of “Gone With The Wind” !
- Follow the Antique Trail in Little Rock: Start by visiting Fabulous Finds, Crystal Hill Antique Mall and Morris Antiques. Have a wonderful lunch at Scallions. Finish off your day with more antiquing in the Heights, including Potential Treasures on VanBuren Street.
- Day of Little Rock History: Begin your day with a tour of the State Capitol and the Old State House. Eat lunch at The Arts Center or at Victorian Gardens. Visit the Historic Arkansas Museum and finish this off with a driving tour of the the Quapaw Quarter including Villa Marré as seen on “Designing Women”.