Teas & Tours
DON’T MISS OUR MOTHER’S DAY “DOWNTON ABBEY” GRAND HIGH TEA: May 12th, 2013 $45/person. Reservations are Required. 501-374-7966. Details of tea below.
High tea evolved from the custom of ladies of the Victorian era taking a mid-afternoon respite to an elegant and formalized excuse to showcase one’s finery while entertaining friends. High tea was traditionally more of an evening meal; today’s high tea experience showcases dainty tea sandwiches, specialty teas, elegant finger sweets, scones with clotted cream and lemon curd. Today it’s an opportunity to don one’s gloves and pull out grandmother’s china, crystal or silver, and have a time set aside to focus on ourselves and our friends. In this day of instant everything, the Empress is offering a special Little Rock, Arkansas high tea experience in an elegant Victorian atmosphere designed to calm the mind and foster relationships. Victorian High Tea accompanied by your host’s warm hospitality is a hallmark at The Empress. Call us to help you plan a delightful event for yourself or your local ladies’ group and enjoy one of our delightful tea and tour events at The Empress.
Grand High Tea at the ”Downtown Abbey” -Sundays at 3:00 p.m. by reservation only
Capture the essence of the traditional high tea with all the pomp and circumstance of your Grandmothers’ day. Everything is handmade in our kitchen and includes our specialty hot tea, three specialty desserts; three gourmet finger sandwiches, Empress scones, clotted cream and fresh fruit! Served in the formal dining room with candlelight and Victorian music. Discover the traditions of 100 years ago that have been lost in our hurry scurry world. Wear your hat and gloves, the occasion warrants it!! After tea, enjoy a detailed historical tour of The Empress and all of her owners from the late 1800′s to present time.
- $40.00 per person / $45.00 per person on holidays/ all tea reservation will have 18% gratuity included.
Group Grand High Tea-
- $40.00 per person / $45.00 per person on holidays
- Weekdays- $10 person minimum (30 person maximum)
- Weekends- $12 person minimum (30 person maximum)
- Holiday Prices Vary
Group Tea & Tour
Enjoy Irish Raisin Scones, clotted cream, lemon curd, and our specialty hot tea, served in a silver server with all the “Victorian” touches. After tea, enjoy an hour-long historical tour of The Empress.
- Weekdays: $20.00 per person / $25.00 per person on holidays. 6 person minimum (50 people maximum)
- Weekends: $20.00 per person / $25.00 per person on holidays, plus $200 usage fee. 12 person minimum (50 people maximum)
- Holiday prices can vary
Historical Tours Only
- Groups and Bus Tours welcome, call for details: (877) 374-7966.
- The Empress is open year ‘around for “drop in” tours, Monday-Friday only at 11:30 or 3:00 pm, weekends by appointment only. Not available on some weekends due to special events or weddings. Please call ahead for reservations.
- Cost is $7.50 per person ($10.00 per person during December.)
- Please call to reserve a time for a private tour or a tour for large groups.