Teas & Tours
DON’T MISS OUR Christmas In the Quarter GRAND HIGH TEA: Sunday, December 16, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. $50/person. Reservations are Required. 501-374-7966. View more details. Make your plans early since SEATING IS LIMITED.
THE TRADITION OF GRAND HIGH TEA
High tea evolved from the custom of ladies of the Victorian era taking a mid-afternoon respite to an elegant and formalized excuse to showcase one’s finery while entertaining friends. High tea was traditionally more of an evening meal; today’s grand high tea experience showcases dainty tea sandwiches, our own blend of specialty tea, elegant finger sweets, scones with clotted cream and lemon curd. Today it’s an opportunity to don one’s gloves and pull out grandmother’s china, crystal or silver, and have a time set aside to focus on ourselves and our friends. In this day of instant everything, the Empress is offering a special Little Rock, Arkansas high tea experience in an elegant Victorian atmosphere designed to calm the mind and foster relationships. Victorian Grand High Tea accompanied by your host’s warm hospitality is a hallmark at The Empress. Call us to help you plan a delightful event for yourself or your local ladies’ group and enjoy one of our delightful tea and tour events at The Empress.
Grand High Tea at the “Downton Abbey” of Arkansas –Sundays at 3:00 p.m. by reservation only
Capture the essence of the traditional high tea with all the pomp and circumstance of your Grandmothers’ day. Everything is custom made and includes our own specialty hot tea, three specialty desserts; three gourmet finger sandwiches, Empress scones, clotted cream and fresh fruit; served in the formal dining room with candlelight and Victorian music. Discover the traditions of 100 years ago that have been lost in our hurry scurry world. Wear your hat and gloves, the occasion warrants it!! After tea, enjoy a detailed historical tour of The Empress and all of her owners, from the late 1800′s to present.
- $40.00 per person / $45.00 per person on holidays/ all tea reservations will have 18% gratuity added.
Group Grand High Tea-
- $40.00 per person / $45.00 per person on holidays
- Weekdays- 10 person minimum (50 person maximum)
- Weekends- 12 person minimum (50 person maximum)
- Holiday Prices Vary
Group Tea & Tour
Enjoy Irish Raisin Scones, clotted cream, lemon curd, and our specialty hot tea, served in a silver server with all the “Victorian” touches. After tea, enjoy an hour-long historical tour of The Empress.
- Weekdays: $25.00 per person / $30 per person on holidays. 6 person minimum (50 people maximum) plus 18% gratuity.
- Weekends: $25,00per person / $30.00 per person on holidays, plus $200 usage fee. 10 person minimum (50 people maximum) plus 18% gratuity.
- Holiday prices can vary
Historical Tours Only
- Groups and Bus Tours welcome, call for details: (501) 374-7966.
- The Empress is open year ‘around for “drop in” tours, Monday-Friday. Tour times are only at 11:30 or 3:00 pm. Weekends by appointment. Not available on some weekends due to special events or weddings. Please call ahead for reservations.
- Cost is $10.00 per person ($12.00 per person during December.) Seniors over 70, Military, and teens under 15 all $8.00 ($10.00 per person during December).
- Please call to reserve a time for a private tour or a tour for large groups.